Back to list
Coming soon! PSAS 146
7th November 2017 | Categories:
It’s November, which means that we are only a few weeks away from the Society’s Annual Meeting, and the publication of the latest volume of the Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland. Twelve new papers will be available online for Fellows of the Society from the end of the month, including four Gold Open Access papers which are available to all.
Please see the Table of Contents listed below for an advance look at this year’s fascinating selection of papers, and don’t forget to keep an eye on our website to read the papers in full at the end of the month!
- Archaeological excavations at Nethermills Farm, Deeside, 1978–81 Caroline R Wickham-Jones, James B Kenworthy, Aoife Gould, Gavin MacGregor and Gordon Noble
- The end of the world, or just ‘goodbye to all that’? Contextualising the red deer heap from Links of Noltland, Westray, within late 3rd-millennium cal bc Orkney David Clarke, Alison Sheridan, Alexandra Shepherd, Niall Sharples, Miranda Armour-Chelu, Laura Hamlet, Christopher Bronk Ramsey, Elaine Dunbar, Paula Reimer, Peter Marshall and Alasdair Whittle
- A cremation pit at Howford, Strichen, Aberdeenshire Moira Greig
- Cist behind the Binns: the excavation of an Iron Age cist burial at the House of the Binns, West Lothian Daniel Rhodes and Elizabeth Jones
- A whetstone from south-east England at Newstead, Melrose (Trimontium): the reach of a major Roman stone industry J R L Allen
- Early medieval shellfish gathering at the Sands of Forvie, Aberdeenshire: feast or famine? Gordon Noble, Joe Turner, Derek Hamilton, Lee Hastie, Rick Knecht, Lindsey Stirling, Oskar Sveinbjarnarson, Beth Upex and Karen Milek
- A house-shaped shrine in a Carolingian setting, as depicted in the oldest portrait of St Columba in Cod Sang 555 Peter Yeoman
- Musical tuning peg from Edinburgh Castle and the stringing of medieval harps Graeme Lawson
- Kisimul, Isle of Barra. Part 1: The Castle and the MacNeills Tim Holden
- Woodland management in medieval Scotland John M Gilbert
- The ‘Roman Heads’ at the Netherbow in Edinburgh: a case of antiquarian wishful thinking in the 18th and 19th centuries Iain Gordon Brown and Alan Montgomery
- The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland,Angus Graham and Gordon Childe (1935–46) George F Geddes
There’s still time to submit your article to the next volume of the Proceedings! Please visit the author guidelines page or contact the Managing Editor for more information.