Back to list
ScARF Student Network: Bursaries available for Europa 2016: Dynamics of Art, design and Vision in Iron Age Europe
8th February 2016 | Categories:
The Prehistoric Society conference, ‘Europa 2016: Dynamics of Art, design and Vision in Iron Age Europe ‘ will take place on the 3rd and 4th of June 2016 in Edinburgh. The Scottish Archaeological Research Framework (ScARF) is offering nine student bursaries to support attendance at the conference. These bursaries are designed to allow students to hear about current research in Prehistoric archaeology and participate in discussions within the discipline.
We are looking for students:
- whose research that demonstrates a connection to one of the themes being discussed at the conference (http://www.prehistoricsociety.org/files/PS_Europa_Booking_2016.pdf );
- whose research that demonstrates a clear connection to Scotland or Scottish archaeology;
- who are able to give a poster presentation at the Europa 2016: Dynamics of Art, design and Vision in Iron Age Europe conference;
- who are willing to submit a short report by the end of July 2016 which outlines how you have benefited from attendance at the Europa 2016: Dynamics of Art, design and Vision in Iron Age Europe conference.
- Understand that your work may be used to contribute to future iterations of the ScARF panel reports or as part of a future Society of Antiquaries of Scotland newsletter or blog.
What ScARF can offer in return:
- The Student registration fee, worth £53.94;
- Attendance at the Sunday exhibition, worth £9.63
- One and a half years complementary Student Fellowship of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland subject to election, worth £30.
For more details and to apply, please download Student_Bursaries_for_Europa .
The deadline for return of the completed form is Friday 15th April 2016.