Back to list
ScARF Student Network: Archaeomalacology Working Group bursaries available
18th February 2016 | Categories:
Up and coming events
Please note that applications are now closed
The Archaeomalacology Working Group meeting at the ‘Association for Environmental Archaeology conference 2016’ will take place from April the 5th to April the 8th 2016 in Kirkwall, Orkney. The Scottish Archaeological Research Framework (ScARF) is offering three student bursaries to support attendance at the conference. These bursaries are designed to allow students to hear about current research in archaeology and participate in discussions within the discipline.
We are looking for students:
- whose research demonstrates a clear connection to Scottish archaeology or archaeological data;
- whose research demonstrates a clear connection to one of the session themes;
- who are willing to submit a short report outlining how you have benefitted from attendance conference;
- who are willing for their own work to be used to potentially contribute to future iterations of the ScARF panel reports or as part of a future Society of Antiquaries of Scotland newsletter or blog.
What ScARF can offer in return:
- The Student registration fee for the Archaeomalacology Working Group meeting at AEA 2016, including lunches, worth £175;
- The conference dinner, worth £30;
- One and a half years complementary Student Fellowship of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland subject to election, worth £30.
For more details and to apply, please download Student_Bursaries_for_archaeomalacology_AEA_2016 .
The deadline for return of the completed form is Friday 4th March 2016.