Back to list
ScARF Student Network: Bursaries available for the 8th International Symposium on 14C & Archaeology
28th January 2016 | Categories:
Up and coming events
Applications are now closed
The ‘8th International Symposium on 14C & Archaeology‘ will take place from June the 27th to July the 1st 2016 in Edinburgh. The Scottish Archaeological Research Framework (ScARF) is offering five student bursaries to support attendance at the conference. These bursaries are designed to allow students to hear about current research in archaeology and participate in discussions within the discipline.
We are looking for students:
- whose research demonstrates a clear connection to one of the session themes (http://www.c14archaeology2016.com/organisation/sessions/);
- whose research demonstrates a clear connection to Scottish archaeology or archaeological data
- who are able to give a poster or presentation at the conference, the conference scientific committee will make a decision on whether it would be accepted as a poster or oral presentation;
- who are willing to submit a short report outlining how you have benefited from attendance conference;
- who understand that their work may be used to contribute to future iterations of the ScARF panel reports or as part of a future Society of Antiquaries of Scotland newsletter or blog.
What ScARF can offer in return:
- The Student registration fee for the 8th International Symposium on 14C & Archaeology, worth £320;
- One and a half years complementary Student Fellowship of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland subject to election, worth £30.
- In addition, the organisers have agreed to cover the cost of the students attendance at the conference dinner
For more details and to apply, please download Student_Bursaries_for_14C.
The deadline for return of the completed form is Monday 18th March 2016.