Back to list
ScARF Student Network: Bursaries available for the Association of Environmental Archaeologists conference
22nd January 2016 | Categories:
Up and coming events
Please note that applications are now closed
The ‘Association for Environmental Archaeology conference 2016’ will take place from April the 1st to April the 3rd 2016 in Kirkwall, Orkney. The Scottish Archaeological Research Framework (ScARF) is offering seven student bursaries to support attendance at the conference. These bursaries are designed to allow students to hear about current research in archaeology and participate in discussions within the discipline.
We are looking for students:
- whose research demonstrates a clear connection to Scottish archaeology or archaeological data;
- whose research demonstrates a clear connection to one of the session themes;
- who are able to give a poster or presentation at the conference;
- who are willing to submit a short report outlining how you have benefitted from attendance conference;
- who are willing for their own work to be used to potentially contribute to future iterations of the ScARF panel reports or as part of a future Society of Antiquaries of Scotland newsletter or blog.
What ScARF can offer in return:
- The Student registration fee for the Association for Environmental Archaeology conference 2016, including lunches, worth £60;
- The conference dinner, worth £40;
- The fieldtrip around Orkney’s World Heritage sites, including Skara Brae, worth £35;
- One and a half years complementary Student Fellowship of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland subject to election, worth £30.
For more details and to apply, please download Student_Bursaries_for_AEA_2016.
The deadline for return of the completed form is Monday 15th February 2016.