Back to list
ScARF Bursaries available: Association for Environmental Archaeology conference 2017
20th September 2017 | Categories:
Applications have now closed
The ‘Association for Environmental Archaeology conference 2017’ will take place from December the 1st to December the 3rd 2017 in Edinburgh, Scotland. The Scottish Archaeological Research Framework (ScARF) is offering student bursaries to support attendance at the conference. These bursaries are designed to allow students to hear about current research in archaeology and participate in discussions within the discipline.
We are looking for students or early career researchers:
- Your research demonstrates a clear connection to Scotland and/or contains Scottish data;
- Be able to give a poster or presentation at the Association for Environmental Archaeology conference 2017 (you will need to follow the guidelines for these at http://www.ed.ac.uk/history-classics-archaeology/news-events/events/call-for-proposals-aea, and note on your application that you are also applying for a ScARF bursary);
- Name and contact details for two referees who will support your application, one of whom will be your head of subject/department; and
- Submission of a short report (c.300-500 words) by the end of December 2017 which outlines how you have benefitted from attendance at the Association for Environmental Archaeology conference 2017.
- Understand that your work may be used to contribute to future iterations of the ScARF panel reports or as part of a future Society of Antiquaries of Scotland newsletter or blog.
What ScARF can offer in return:
- The Student registration fee for the Association for Environmental Archaeology conference 2017, including lunches, worth up to £70;
- The conference dinner, worth £25;
- One and a half years complementary Student Fellowship of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland subject to election, worth £30.
For more details and to apply, please download student_bursaries_for_aea_2017_application.
The deadline for return of the completed form is Friday 13th October 2017. Any questions about the form should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org